Thursday, February 05, 2009

A bit about Seeing and Listening


I finished Documentary Storytelling. I enjoyed it and got a lot out of it. I particularily liked the interviews. I hope to discuss all my notes on it.

Watched Herzog's Land of Silence and Darkness. Really well done. At first I thought it was going to be hard to watch but then suddenly i was hooked in. The protagonist was amazing! The video really brought you into a whole different world and it became very touching not over the top though. I just can't imagine what their lives would be like but Herzog sure gave us a glimpse. These are amazing people.


I'm listening to Story on my commutes to and from work. I will listen a few times and hope to internal a lot of the concepts. Although, the principles are for fiction, I think that a good understanding of them will definitely make one more aware of finding the story elements in a piece of non-fiction.


I've now been reading Hillman Curtis' book called On Creating Short Films for the Web. Less scholarly and technical, more cerebral and personal. Should be a good inspiration.


My mom wants to invest in my video career. She wants to help me get set up. She's always been big on the arts and very supportive of them. Now she wants to support me. I've very lucky. I now have to investigate what I really need to get going. I love you mom!

No comments: