Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Fog of War

I just finished watching Errol Morris' The Fog of War. A documentary about Robert S. McNamara and Academy Award Winner. It's obviously a brilliant piece, masterfully done. I love how Morris shot Mr. McNamara. I'm not sure where this room is but the frosted glass and lighting is amazing. I think it actually looks like fog. Not sure if it was the film makers intent but it won me over. I love the editing technique of jumpcuts too!

Mr. McNamara looks right into the camera is engages you. His face and stories are simply captivating. His voice is tremendous. Amazing...

The teletype and Recording shots are also well done. I also very much like the layering of people shots. Talk about being studented in the art of great documentary. If you haven't seen it or haven't seen it in a while. Go out and find this video to watch. You won't be disappointed.

PS The score by Philip Glass is just right.

I will look at further Morris docs as soon as I can. This guy is awesome. :)

No comments: