Thursday, January 15, 2009

Super Sized D.


Super Size Me is an awesome concept. It will definitely hold your interest. It did make a difference but I'm not sure what it is but for me, it lacked something. To be fair I'm watching a lot of the best docs out there. I can't put my finger on it but it didn't really get me.
Don't get me wrong the film maker Morgan Spurlock did a great job. The film got McDees to drop it's Super Sizes! Still much like the fast food it examines, it left me feeling a little unsatisfied. Maybe the characters other than Spurlock weren't fleshed out enough. Maybe the subject itself didn't lend itself to real drama... maybe I just had to big McExpectations.

You'll learn a lot from this film but I think it's stuff we already really knew. I can see why it's done so well. I mean everyone can relate to it. Most of use have eaten fast food. You should of course judge for yourself if you haven't seen it already.

No comments: