Friday, January 09, 2009

Get started...why not begin with a good base!

It's easy to immerse yourself in non-fiction video. I just went to the local library and picked up My Architect and The Fog of War and order 3 more. I liken it to the triathlon training I do. I'm getting back into it and just like getting back into triathlons, it requires easing into it. It's best to begin with a good base. Easy consistent work. So, I'm going to spend the next little while watching as many as I can. I'm selecting the ones discussed in the book I'm reading.

I've also been investing cameras. I'm leaning towards the Panasonic AG DVX 100-B at the moment because of it's 16x9 aspect ratio and 24fps emulation. I love the old film look I grew up with. There is something pleasing about it for me. However, I'm not going to get too hung up on any particular equipment. This video was shot with only a cell phone. 

"Everyone I've ever respected always used restricted tools." - Chuck Jones


No comments: